Monday, February 7, 2011

Three Bean Potato Salad


I just threw this together this evening because I had a big bag of tri-colored potatoes, and I thought I better use them.  (I have a really bad habit of buying to many vegetables at the store and then not using them all before they go bad.)  It actually turned out really delicious and it's a nice colorful vegetarian recipe, so I thought I'd share.  I am actually missing the 3rd bean ingredient, garbanzo beans, because I didn't have any, but I'm sure it would be better with them, and it sounds better to call it 3 bean potato salad vs. 2 bean.

Ingredients

2.5 lbs tri-colored potatoes
10 oz pre-washed, pre-cut fresh green beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can garbanzo beans
2 green onions (scallions)
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp Bragg organic Healthy Vinaigrette
fresh ground sea salt and pepper to taste

Optional: crumbled bleu cheese or feta

Instructions 

Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water and add salt.  Bring to a boil and simmer potatoes until just tender, about 15-18 minutes.

Meanwhile cut green beans to 1/2 length and put in large bowl.  Chop green onions and add to bowl as well.  Open and rinse both kidney beans and garbanzo beans in colander.  Shake out excess water and add to bowl.

When potatoes are done, rinse in colander with cold water and let cool.  Cut potatoes into halves, then quarters and add to the bowl with the beans and onions.  Add the Dijon, vinaigrette, and toss.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes and serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment