- medjool dates
- natural peanut butter
- carob chips
- raw agave nectar or honey
- shredded coconut
1. Pit all the medjool dates. You may need a knife for this, and it's ok to stretch the openings a bit as the dates are sticky and moldable, so you can squeeze them back to being nearly closed at the ends after stuffing.
2. Stuff each date with a dab of the peanut butter (I prefer Smart Balance because it is creamy, but note that it has more than just peanuts and salt, they have also added natural non-hydrogenated oils for the smooth consistancy and evaporated cane juice and molasses for sweetening) and several carob chips each.
3. Take 2 plates and squeeze the agave nectar on one, and spread some coconut on the other. Then roll each date in the agave nectar first then the coconut.
4. Place the finished dates in a tupperware container and freeze.
5. Enjoy out of the freezer.
I was relayed this recipe from one of my spin teachers who eats a strict vegan diet. While a fun size Snickers has 72 calories, these have about 125 each, however this is a natural alternative the processed candy bars. They really do mimic a candy bar flavor and texture and I find them quite delicious!